1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV-26HG2

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by middlk, May 3, 2005.

1. middlk

middlk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought this TV today,
    1. Does anyone have any knowledge of good settings to start off with ?
    2. I looked at lots of Sony TV's and even within the sames model some were sharp and some were very soft focus, any ideas would be welcome, is this just a setup problem ?
    3. On a PC flat screen it is posible to adjust the "image lock" which can really improve the focus, is this posible with a flat screen TV ?
    Any comments are most welcome.

2. tals

tals

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How are you getting on with this TV - i've seen one for a good price sub £1000 which for that price seems very good.

The reviewers seem to all over themselves on how good the screen is. Anyone able to comment - I was previously looking at a 30' Philips or 32 ' LG for the same price but I have a Sony TV (21') and have been very happy with that - and I wasn't greatly impressed with even the Philips screen.
    Appretiate any thoughts or advice on which way to jump :)

Tals

3. middlk

middlk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only had it a couple of days, so far I think its awsome. I checked out lots of LCD TV's and most of them have a very soft focus picture, the Sony really did stand out in the crowd, The football even looked good.
    American sitcoms look a bit washed out sometimes but still a reasonable picture.
    I guess you get what you pay for, if you can see this tv side by side with the budget Sony's or any other budget tv for that matter you will see what I mean.
    If you get one at that price I don't think you will be disapointed.

4. tals

tals

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent - I purchased one today, wife had taken a look around the displays and she found the Sony on the display had really stood out from the crowd. Anyway Pixamania currently have it for £959 (incl VAT and delivery) which seems a good deal.

On another point i'm just buying some cables for it - found a seamingly good/cheap site

http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk

The only aspect that is confusing me is the optical cable I need - is it this TOSLink?

http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=128_119&products_id=850

Tals

5. tals

tals

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK no worries - me being silly, no optical input into the TV - understandable now i'm appretiating this stuff :) Got the rest of my cables from cable universe 2 x scart, 2 rca and 3 component.

Now just have to save up for the audio side of things :)

Tals