1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KLV-23M1: need some help with connections before possibly buying

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by S1nn3r, Feb 7, 2005.

1. S1nn3r

S1nn3r
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

The 23M1 looks to be almost just right for me however as well as connecting a PS2(via component) i also need to connect a media center pc with DVI,VGA and Svideo outputs on its graphics card.

Im pretty much against useing the svideo as i know thats not going to get me the picture quality im after, and the 23M1 doesn't have VGA in so thats that out of the question to. However it would apear that it does have a HDMI port and it would also apear that you can get a converter cable to go from DVI to HDMI. Am i right in thinking that if i used such a cable i would get the best quality picture possable from the PC to the TV,surely it cant be that simple.. can it ?

2. S1nn3r

S1nn3r
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never mind seems the KLV-23M1 dont have HDMI after all from what ive read elseware,Dealtime need to change their info.

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    They probably got their information from the 'What Plasma' 32" group test : http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5213

The information is so incorrect I can't see that these muppets even got the things out of the boxes let alone reviewed them. I think they got the Loewe and Sony connects the wrong way round and don't know the difference between DVI and HDMI.

4. Garp

Garp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The USA version does have HDMI, the UK one dont. As far as I can gather.