1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KF50/KF42 owners, please help...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by digitize, Jan 18, 2005.

1. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is adressed to all SONY KF50SX & K4F2SX - lcd RPtv owners :

Please kindly help me...

I am basically on the lookout for a large TV for my living room. Initially, I've been inclined to buy the new DLP RPtvs which have lateley came out of the market, but after reading about their probs, I now think LCD RPtv is the safer/better option.

I am now intending to buy either the Sony KF50SX300. My main concern though now is with regards to viewing from a vertical angle, above the screen. One of the things I will be using the TV for is for karaoke, where people will be standing up, and sing/dance in front of it.

Please tell me, how is the Sony when it comes to vertical viewing, from the top above the screen is concerned?

I've seen the TV a few times from different shops (Comet, Powerhouse, Currys, Sony Centre, PRC, etc.) but they are usually posioned at a high level, such that it is eye-level even if you are standing. In my case, this will not be possible, plus I will have kids who will watch sitting down on the sofa or on the wooden floor.

Your contribution to this thread will help a lot, much appreciated.

2. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can comment on the viewing distance as well, please...