1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KF42SX300

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by markuslarsson81, Feb 12, 2005.

1. markuslarsson81

markuslarsson81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question about my Sony KF42SX300, when I use the VGA-port the picture gets a small black frame all of a sudden. This problem is only on the VGA not on the scart, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    The vga does have a black frame around the edge, i have tried adjusting the horizontal and vertical sync, and can make it smaller, ie about 1cm all around, but i cant' get rid of it. try using powerstrip to create custom resolutions for your computer.

3. Pedant

Pedant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What resolution are you feeding it?

4. markuslarsson81

markuslarsson81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The resolution I user is standard 1024*768

5. Pedant

Pedant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The native resolution of the display is something like 1366 x 768 (best to search and check though) - could this be the reason for the border? I am planning to buy this tv soon and so have no actual experience of it...

6. markuslarsson81

markuslarsson81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I have tried every resolution possible and the black border is exactly the same no matter what, it´s about 1,5cm on all sides.

7. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    as i said, from my own experience, you can't get rid of the border. I've used powerstrip to shift and resize the vga signal but as soon as you try and get the border below about 1cm, the screen loses sync. It is possible it's related to the extra 6 pixels on the native resolution, but i don't know. The border is the same on 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 and 1360x768, but on 640x480 it's huge!

8. markuslarsson81

markuslarsson81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think its the extra 6 pixels because in that case there would be a huge border on 1280x768 for instance.

9. joolsburger

joolsburger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried connecting my laptop to my sx300 via the VGA and the image is shifted over to the left and goes dark, anyone know what this might be and how I can fix it?
    I have tried changing resolutions on the laptop to no avail but frankly I'm crap at all this stuff.

Thanks,
    Jools

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    you need adjust the horizontal and vertical positioning of the display as well as the precise refresh rate. sounds complicated, and if you use the nvidia control panel it bloody well is! But if you download a utility called POWERSTRIP which i'm sure a google search will find for you, all you have to do is create a custom resolution, and then it lets you adjust the screen position by dragging it or clicking on arrow buttons. *TIP* while adjusting, you're probably likely to hit a few syncs that your tv and monitor both refuse to display, so just hit ESC to go back to the previous resolution. Very easy indeed, and the only way i could get all the different resolutions to work on the same refresh rate. You can even program it to assign a resolution to a keyboard hotkey, which makes it very simple to switch between resolutions.

11. joolsburger

joolsburger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I'll try that this weekend. I'm puzzled as to why my laptop works well with my little bsuiness projector with none of these problems