1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony kf42sx300 or plasma

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kissit2004, Jan 26, 2005.

1. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya,

i am thinking about getting myself a new tv in the next month or so andwas wondering if anybody could help.

i am thinking about either getting myself a 42" plasma or the sony kf42sx300 rear tv but cannot make my mind up.

could somebody tell me the difference thank you. :lease:

2. mightybyte

mightybyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you're on the wrong forum thread - this are is for DLPs only.

I suggest you go to the Plasma thread... Unless you want DLP instead.

3. Darren Batty

Darren Batty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I wouldn't recommend the Sony, my brother-in-law has this and I'm not impressed with the quality of sky and DVD (via Scart). I would seriously think about the Toshiba 47" DLP set, priced at £1500 ish with stand included. Read the reveiws for the Toshiba on this forum

4. 7up4it

7up4it

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Kissit2004,

I appreciate your predicament as I (and many others!) have also looked at plasma versus rear projection, as for me I chose Sony 60 inch LCD rear projection.
    I couldn't be happier! the picture is excellent (In my humble opinion as good as plasma anyday) when family & friends come to visit they are totaly blown away with the quality of the picture and of course the sheer size, it is huge! I looked around for almost two years comparing different sets so it certainly wasn't a spur of the moment decision.

Not an easy choice I admit, but at the end of the day you have to compare them yourself and make your own mind up, if you are happy with it and it does what you want then don't hesitate, good luck

John