Sony KF-42SX300 Screen Calibration

F1Fan72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the best way to calibrate my screen ? Via a THX optimiser or something like Avia or Digital video essentials.
Also once I calibrated my screen, do I need to re-calibrate for HD-DVD playback ?

Whats the best way to calibrate my screen ? Via a THX optimiser or something like Avia or Digital video essentials.
Also once I calibrated my screen, do I need to re-calibrate for HD-DVD playback ?
How much were you thinking of paying? The best option in quality terms is to hire a certified ISF calibrator to do it for you. That will set you back about £350, but you get the benefit of someone with a great deal of knowledge and many thousands of pounds' worth of equipment at his disposal.

A cheaper, but technically trickier option would be to buy your own colourimeter and calibration software. A Spyder2Express plus Calman software would cost about £150. But that's not something you should undertake if you don't know what you're doing.

For the most elementary form of calibration (not much beyond setting the brightness and contrast correctly) you probably won't get much more out of a "calibration disc" than you will out of a THX DVD as far as video is concerned. A disc like "Digital Video Essentials" does have some useful audio calibration tools on it, though.

Thanks for that, Whats everybody elses contrast/colour/brightness set to ?

You really need a new thread with the model of your tv in the title, and ask this question again?

I've altered this one.

Thanks guys

Bump

Bump

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom