Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

sony KEP37M1S picture quality

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by reilly, Apr 11, 2005.

1. reilly

reilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the sony 37' plasma and, although it's a beautiful set, I'm disappointed with the picture. I've got it working off a Humax 40 gig freeview box but am getting a LOT of motion blur and granularity.

Not sure if it's the TV, the digital receiver, or both!! The Sony Centre say it's the quality of the digital signal and that it would be a waste of time upgrading the scart cables.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all. I was aware that there would be some degredation in picture quality from CRT standard, but not this much.

2. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the Humax have a facility to check strength of received Freeview signal? With a decent signal I'd have thought the Sony capable of excellent picture. Was the Humax providing good picture on CRT?

3. reilly

reilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Compared to "council TV" the picture on the CRT (also a Sony Wega) was much better using Humax but by no means perfect (hazing on cerain pictures). The signal strenghth is 60% and the quality 100%.