Sony KE32TS2E red dotted line on RHS

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by steveherbert, Jun 2, 2005.

1. steveherbert

steveherbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Hope someone can help. I have noticed that my plasma screen has developed a red dotted line on the extreme RHS of the screen vertically from top to bottom.

It comes and goes but is a very intense red dotted line when it appears.

Any ideas what this could be as my guarantee is up in 2 months!!!

Thanks

Steve

2. Marc_J

Marc_J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a known fault.

The broken red line appears first. This was distracting at first but I got used to it! But then another vertical line appeared on my display about 2 inches from the RHS, which was only noticeable against dark backgrounds. This happened on mine around a week before the warranty ran out. At the time, Sony did say that if my warranty had expired, they would still fix it (but don't quote me on that!).

Apparently it was a faulty batch of displays from the manufacturer Sony used to use, but don't any more. I had to wait on a replacement coming from Spain, in total was without my display for more than 4 weeks.

Note that it wasn't a full replacement, they actually took my casing and replaced the plasma panel only.