1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KE32TS2 vs Philips 37PF9965

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ghughes, Jun 28, 2004.

1. ghughes

ghughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a new plasma for my lounge and have shortlisted the Sony KE32TS2 and the Philips 37PF9965 (budget of around 2k).

The screen will be mainly used to watch Sky(normal) and DVD but I will hook up a PC in the near future. I'm also buying a Yamaha HTR-5640RDS and Tannoy FX-5.1 speakers.

Before I go ahead with the screen does anyone have any advice on which one to go for?

Also has anyone had anyproblems with children smackin their screen? I'm a bit worried about this and it's one thing that's put me off an LCD as the screens seem so weak.

Any help would be appreciated......Hughesy.

2. Dr Downey

Dr Downey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony doesn't have a dedicated PC input. It's been said on these forums that you can get a 15D to 5RCA cable to connect your PC to it, but I don't know if it works (my cable arrived from the states this morning!)

The Set overall is nice, easy to use, good picture quality. I'm really pleased with mine, but if you are going to wall mount it, then it's not simple as the screen has a fan in it and Sony say that it should have 70mm clearance to the wall.

Rich

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    How noisy is tha fan? is it noticable during average viewing?

4. Dr Downey

Dr Downey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really, if you have the sound REALLY low you may notice it, but at a 'normal' (whatever that is!) level it's not noticeable, it pushes air out of the back of the unit in the centre.

I only notice it when I am stood at the screen turning it on in a silent house.

Cheers

Rich