1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KE-50MR1. Any comments ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by McFly, Mar 16, 2004.

1. McFly

McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, does anyone know about this display ? How does it perform ? Reviews, tests or even comments about this (and other) 50" Sony display seem to be quite rare on the web. Is this display similar to the Sony KDE-50XBR950 model which is sold in the US ?

2. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    If you have a look at the av forum main page listing all the various forums, under this forum there's a link to recent reviews and one of them is the 42" version of the set you're interested in. I think they said that basically it's overpriced as you're paying for what is a beautiful looking set but one that is not so good picture wise as those a lot cheaper. I think they also said that it's great if you have a superb signal but anything less and it shows the flaws.

Also, you may wish to wait if you like sony sets as there's a whole new range coming out this month and next including the latest version of the MR1. Sizes include a 60+ inch version at a ridiculous price. They're also doing a 42" LCD version in case that's of any interest.

I'm waiting for reviews on them to see if they're better thought of than the existing range. Hope this helps.