1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KDNX200, has it improved DRC-MF

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Kingston LJ, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Kingston LJ

Kingston LJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking at all the new Sony models and was intrigued by the new NX200.

Can anyone confirm that it has new DRC modes 1250 and Progressive. If so is this the only model that has these modes? and do they make a big difference over the old DRC options? Is DRC Prog the same as the standard prog and what is it good for. Also does 1250 only work in 50hz???

I think these questions are in the minds of many and would appreciate all help. Cheers!

:confused:

2. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently it has the same 3 modes as the FS76

OFF
    DRC 50
    DRC100

no DRC1250 or Progressive

I'm sure the DRC1250 only works in 50hz when I've been resaerching on my travels with these TV's, if you go by the no's also it looks likely

3. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    DRC 1250 & Progressive is only officially available in Asia Pacific/Australasia & Amerrican markets.

Sony UK (and by extenstion, Sony Europe) is holding back this technology (presumably to 'milk' the existing DRC-MF for all it's worth before 'unveiling' this new & improved version to wow us all with their technical supremacy:eek: YAWN!!).

One hopes that, at the very least, they include PAL prog-capable component-ins when they eventually introduce DRC Progressive. Scart really is pitiful.

Cheers

Moory

4. wanchaiman

wanchaiman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yellowcows is right - DRC-1250 / DRC-Progressive and DRC-100 sets are available here is asia (I live in Hong Kong).

They also have progressive scan / component inputs - even up to HDTV standards + fine-pitch tubes

On the negative side, in Asia they dont sell ANY widescreen TV's outside of Japan :(:( All broadcats are still in 4:3 here, but it would be lovely to watch movies "full screen". The only way is to buy a parallel inport NTSC / Japanese menus TV.... but with no warranty wahtsoever.

Decisions decisions - should I buy the one with drc-1250 & Drc-progressive or get the HDTV set? ...