1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KDLV32A12 & Apple Mini mac

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by stu1wyatt, Sep 3, 2005.

1. stu1wyatt

stu1wyatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi Guys,

I have been reading this forum and I now seem to have the home entertainment bug.

I have been looking at buying a 32" lcd TV, I was looking at the Samsung until I heard about all the problems so I have decided to go with the Sony KDLV32A12.

I have a few questions & was wondering if someone can help.

The system I'm building includes the TV above, my sony DAV sr4 surround system, xbox 360 when it comes out and I have decided to go for one of the Apple Mini Mac's. Thought I would try the MAC as something different for the lounge as I have a monster PC upstairs for gaming etc , I just want this for web surfing and for Itunes.

My main questions are as follows

1) Can the Mini Mac display full screen on the Sony providing I use a DVI to HDMI converter cable?

2) Anyone had any issues yet with the Sony, I saw it today and loved it, looked better then the same 32" S model that was sitting next to it.

Thanks for your help, this is a great forum.

2. simonatkins

simonatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) don't see why not, if a PC can, then I would expect the mini mac to aswell. After all now MAC use Intel CPUs, it's just a PC anyway, right? ;)

2) No functional issues. the only issues I've had are when the signal gets weak like 50% the picture loses it, but that's not sony's fault that's mine for living in a crap reception area. And secondly, I hate the colour scheme of the digital TV EPG: orange, black and white. I so wish Sony had given us a couple of colour options...

The KDLV is exceptional though overall. I'm testing it with a PS2 on Wednesday and the light guns to see if they work. I suspect not but we'll see.
    rgds

3. hotmaj

hotmaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    macs don't use intels chips just yet, will sometime next year.
    Also you will not get 1:1 pixel mapping on the sony regardeless of having mac or pc hooked up.
    Do search will brimgup why