1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KDLS32A12 v KDLV32A12

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Scoop940, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Scoop940

Scoop940

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

My parents have been looking at the KDLS32A12 as a replacement for their CRT. They like what they have seen and the guy in the shop said it was brand new out this week.. 1399.

They asked me to have a look at them before they buy and I see there is the KDLV32A12 too for 400 quid more. This looks like a very new set as well..

What are the main differences? is the LV replacing the LS?

Kinda left me a bit puzzled

Cheers

Scott

2. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    I believe both are brand new sets. The 'S' version is the no-frills version lacking in Sony's excellent WEGA processing engine whereas the 'V' version is the premium mode that does feature WEGA. I belive the response time on the 'V' models is better than the 'S' ones too.

3. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Plus the S version has a vga input, the V version does not.

4. seageri

seageri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same choice to make. Unless they are going to use a laptop or PC I think it mainly comes down to the Wega picture engine, and I have to say I couldnt get a definitive view of the differences this makes.

Would be good if someone could explain in laymans terms what Wega does, and what formats it supports. I got the feeling that going forward with HD inputs from Sky or DVD the Wega wouldnt help much.

Wont help me much, I couldnt really afford the extra £400, although the V box does look nice with that black finish.

Ian

5. simonatkins

simonatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're right the black finish is very sexy, especially when it's on the wall. Take the V over the S any day of the week. If the S is going to cost you 1399, then the V is 1499 not 400 more. Search the interweb there are some good deals out there.

If you get the S, you'll only think, jeeze wish I'd spent the extra and bought the V.....

:)

6. hurstnicholas

hurstnicholas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Surely, for such new technology as this, any price considerations should include the cost of a long warranty (e.g. John Lewis' included 5 year one). Generally speaking my laptops normally die after three years (even when they've spent their life sat on a desk). Disk apart, LCD tellies and laptops share a hell of lot of common technology and parts!

7. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Plus if you look around the web long enough you can get a V for almost the price of a S, high street v web plus 5 years warranty.

8. simonatkins

simonatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Warranties? why do you think we pay for house insurance? :rotfl: