Sony KDLL32MRX1

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Tonester, May 26, 2004.

1. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen this (Sony's new 32 inch LCD) and it is a thing of beauty with brilliant picture.

Shame about the price (lowest I've seen is £3100).

Anyone know an up to date LCD TV review site on the web? It would be interesting to know how this compared to the new Philips and Panasonic models.

2. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Yep, it's ridiculously expensive but it is a lovely looking piece of kit. From my brief inspection, the picture was really good on it but I'm awaiting reviews on the new Sony plasmas as well as the LCDs. Wonder what the 42" version looks like? (picture wise I mean!)

3. Maximus5

Maximus5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen Sony 42" plasma and 32" LCD and both pictures were fantastic. LCD’s picture and sound were a little bit better but unfortunately I couldn't check the picture with a cable TV or satellite signal, only DVD.

If I’d ask my wife, she would say Sony. It looks really cool.

I'm also waiting for some comparison test of new Sony, Panasonic plasma and LCD before I finally decide what to buy. Hope it’ll happen soon. Tests of hardware are useful only if they come out fast enough.

4. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Yep, my wife also thinks they look the bees knees. I saw the old MR1 running dvd and normal aerial signals. The DVD picture was really good but it was impossible to judge the rf signal because it was so poor throughout the shop. The reviews of the MR1 basically said that if you put a great signal in, you got great results but unfortunately, a less than perfect signal lead to mediocre results, particularly in light of the cost.

I've been wondering if the new one is any better. I also thought it was quite interesting that the info that's out seems to indicate that the 42" plasma panel is true 16:9 ratio (1365 x 768) as opposed to the more standard 1024 x 768 on the old one and the normal HD models such as the pioneer and the panny HD. I wondered if this would, in practice, lead to a better picture or not.

I can't understand why the reviews are so slow coming out on these models but having said that, they weren't exactly prolific in respect of the MR1. You can't move for tripping over reviews of the panny and pioneer etc (even though I appreciate they've been out for a while, reviews started appearing almost immediately the sets were available). Don't Sony send any review sets out?

5. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the picture for TV as well as DVD and noticed that while there was a difference it was still a great picture. You probably shouldn't take my word for it if you are serious about buying it though. I saw it in a John Lewis store.

6. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Quite agree: the main reason I haven't bought one is that they're impossible to find on display anywhere near where I live. Matter of fact, everyplace I've rung, up to and including Bristol don't have them on display. They all have the 32LCD but I'd really like to see the 42 plasma and the 42 lcd together to see what the difference is between them.