sony KDLL32MRX1 BBC 'LIVE Tennis'

mattmcdaid

Standard Member
im new to this forum so i hope this is the right place to post this thread.

i have had my sony KDLL32MRX1 (LCD) for about 5yrs now and am constantly watching sports programs on all channels. sky sports, bbc, itv etc. I have even been watching a football match every day since the world cup began! Most of the these channels have their static logos in the corner of the screen along various score interfaces etc. up until today, i have never had a problem. my wife has begun watching the BBC coverage of the tennis at Wimbledon. after a few hours she decided to turn over to a different channel, but the BBC interface graphics and the 'LIVE Tennis' red button had burnt into the screen! \c: its almost like the graphics are too intense for broadcast and consequently just burns into the display.

is there anything i can do to prevent this?

kind regards,

matt

next010

Distinguished Member
Yes this is image retention in LCD, can happen if the same graphics are displayed in the same spot for long periods of time.

Seen it happen it computer LCD displays too particularly older ones. It's not permanent given enough time it will fade away.

More info and preventative steps to take here, though you will probably have to changing your viewing habits for a while or change the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom