• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL46x4500

barbeluk1

Standard Member
Hi there,

I've just bought a Sony KDL46x4500 and am really pleased with all but one thing.

The input lag on it is really noticeable compared to my old Sony TV.

Will connecting my xbox to it using the VGA input reduce the lag?

Is there anything else I can do?

Many thanks,

Andy

StevieBuck

On some TV’s it can help, but I can’t say for sure about that model as I’m not familiar with it.

The manual says it has a Game/Text Mode (under Video Settings) so I’d enable that while using your current video connection to see if that makes any difference.

I’d also recommend turning Motionflow off as video smoothing features like this always tend to introduce some sort of lag. There’s a possibility that this feature is disabled automatically when you put the TV into game mode.

barbeluk1

Standard Member
Thanks Steve.

I've not been able to find a Game mode so will look harder later on today.

I did turn off loads in the settings (including MotionFlow) and although it now looks pretty garish the input lag has definitely reduced.

Will switching it from Picture > Standard to Picture > Cinema affect it do you think? (I'm just trying to improve the picture now with the current lag (which is acceptable)).

Thanks,

Andy

sammy20v

Thanks Steve.

I've not been able to find a Game mode so will look harder later on today.

I did turn off loads in the settings (including MotionFlow) and although it now looks pretty garish the input lag has definitely reduced.

Will switching it from Picture > Standard to Picture > Cinema affect it do you think? (I'm just trying to improve the picture now with the current lag (which is acceptable)).

Thanks,

Andy

you will need game mode its hidden under the main menu cannot remember which one now but its the first column I think its video or something, it makes a huge difference but turns off local dimming which is a shame.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom