Sony KDL46W905 or Sony KDL50W829?

nugget2014

Prominent Member
Reaction score
just looking for pure picture quality.

dont care for sound as using home cinema 3.0 progressing slowly to 5.1.

only these two tvs i am looking for.

is the triluminos feature on the w9 the deciding factor for most people as it has bright vivid colours? what good and bad of each tv?

will be using only for gaming and watching blu rays

Got the same dilemma ATM - had a look at both TV's at weekend and although it's hard to compare with shop floor settings the w9 definitely looked more vibrant and clearer - don't get me wrong the 8 still looked great but preferred the 9. The 8 has an offer at most stores at the moment with a free soundbar if that make the decision easier. They are both active 3d though and the 8 only comes with 2 glasses and not 4 so swings and roundabouts!

went to look at them today in JL. yeah at richer sounds you could get a free BDPS-6200 blu ray player worth £200 but i think i'll go for the 905 which is better picture quality. rather than than 4 extra screen inches

Managed to get JL to price match RicherSounds on the 9 but only as there was a local store with stock - worth trying though you have to wait up to 48 hours now - they wouldn't do it in-store there and then. That makes it 799.95. The other option is Currys have the KDL47W805 online for 750 - new stock if online otherwise ex display in-store. Comparable to the current 8 but passive 3d. Awesome input lag for gaming though..

yeah i managed to get them to price match even though nottingham branch of RS has no 905's left..woo! i think i'll purchase it in a week or so :) shame you cant get a blu-ray unlike the w829

I was just asking myself exactly the same question - weighing up the KDL50w829 vs the KDL46w905. Both the same price at John Lewis...

TBH, I'm not that bothered about the difference in screen size (46 probably better for me actually), or the free soundbar, but interested in what other differences there are between the two. Can anyone help out?

Also, does anyone know if the KDL46w905 will pass digital audio (eg DD5.1) to my sonos soundbar?

There are av forum reviews of both, or failing that, HDTV test

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom