Sony KDL46NX713 Media Stream from NAS

dann

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just purchased the Sony 46 NX713 with 3d package from the Sony Centre.
The TV wont be delivered until the end of the week. But I would like to prepare, So my question is: Can I plug a NAS directly into the USB port and play films/music stored on the Drives Or Do I connect to the NAS through WiFi?

Thanks in advance

Dan

I doubt it as usually the NAS drive will be looking to mount an external disk when you plug in the usb, and what your trying to do is the reverse (use the NAS as an external disk). As long as the NAS supports DLNA then you can connect through WiFi..

Thanks for the reply. Looks like my NAS is not DLNA compliant. So I guess I am off to buy a new bit of kit.

Thanks for your help

Dan

Are you sure? Most are, with the latest firmware installed.

Really. Sounds good. I thought it would be a hardware thing. I'll have a look on their website.

Thanks

Dan

Right, I have looked for a firmware update for DNLA for my Freecom, which turn out negative.
So now I am after a 2 bay NAS DNLA, I am not worried about it coming with drives at the mo as I have got a pair of 500GB drive which will do for now.

So do you have any preferred units? I have been looking at the Ready NAS Duo.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Yep, Synology 2 bay... whichever one fits in your budget... think the latest cheap one is DS210j

Thanks Marky,
I take it you have one of these? If so can you tell me what HDD 's you have in them?

Thanks for your help

Dan

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom