Sony KDL4500W has no epg info

lazy_-_git

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I've been searching the forums and it would seem that there are a lot of issues with the sony epg not updating.
My lovely new tv started out fine and worked perfectly (not good on freeview and some clouding but that's the norm until we wait a few years:D) but then it lost all the channel info (you can see the channel no. but not the info about the programme).
I turned it off at the plug, fiddled and fettled but ended up restoring to factory settings and started from scratch inputting all the relevant info again.
(i do realise that it updates at night whilst on stand by!).
This worked for a few weeks but now it's decided to go on strike again....
I've contacted sony (is there any point!) but what i wanted to know is are there any other people out there having the same trouble????
I'm really tempted to plug in my £20 freeview box (how can such a cheap bit of kit out perform a 1K tv:confused:).
What with this and the fact I'm now on my third onkyo I'm starting to wish that I'd stuck with my 10 year old sony set up, that didn't go wrong once! (oooh, back in my day.........)

If your £20 Freeview box works but your £1000 Sony does not I suggest you return it to the suppliers for a refund.

You don't say. And to think that i was going to use it as a door stop..........
So back to my question, does anyone else have this problem with this particular tv?

So back to my question, does anyone else have this problem with this particular tv?

As you will have found a quick google using the term 'sony epg not updating' finds only your query and a similar one about a Sony DVD recorder.
There doesn't appear to be anything in the LCD TV section either (and this would seem to be a TV rather than a Freeview issue).

Obviously the TV is not functioning the way it should so it may well be time to contact the dealer/supplier and/or wait for more replies and a possible solution here.

Or; does anyone have this TV but NOT have the problem?

I suspect not many people have the same TV, so you will not get many replies!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom