1. We have a team of over 50 moderators working to keep our community safe.Welcome to AVForums.
    Helping with Audio Visual home entertainment since 2000.
    Get help finding the right AV products at the right prices. Get help setting up your AV equipment so you get the most out of it.
    Membership is free. Competitions are free. Classifieds are free. Join now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KDL42W653 vs Panasonic TX-L42E6 vs Samsung UE40F6400

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by Ducini, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Ducini

Ducini Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at buying a tv set that is essentially for gaming (low input lag) and watching DVDs / Bluerays. I do not watch TV through it except on catch up services through the PS3. I just wondered if owners had any opinions on the following, which all score well on trusted reviews.

Samsung UE40F6400
    Panasonic TX-L42E6
    Sony KDL-42W653A

Any other recommendations to throw into the mix??

2. Manatleisure

Manatleisure Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Hi. For gaming I would avoid the Samsung. The Panasonic is a little better but you may notice the lag. The Sony has one of the lowest input lags
    out there so that is the one I would choose out of them 3 for your requirements.

3. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,091
    Thread moved

Curly

4. VEGACORTEZ

VEGACORTEZ Active Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Sony is a top choice at 6ms input lag, but samsung F5000 at 46" for the same money is another option at 16ms lag, i did not mention it's 42" model as it uses a different panel. The panny you mentioned at 34ms is a bit high and the sony can match or exeed it in image quality terms. The only other samsung i have heard of with reasonable lag is the 40" F6800, reviewed here on avforums.