• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL40W5500U vs Sony KDL40ex503u

doomicus1234

Standard Member
I was looking to buy one of the TV's above but I can’t decide between the 2. The Sony KDL40ex503u is the newer model but is more expensive. I was wondering what difference is apart from the obvious like the Freeview HD and the Internet TV.

Any help appreciated

bluetide

I can see little difference aside from what you mention and improved internet stuff, DLNA/USB compatibility with broader range of file types, that sort of thing. The 5500 has lower input lag than the 503 (important for many people who enjoy videogames). Power consumption has improved quite a bit on the 503.

There will be other differences in things such as black levels, deinterlacing etc but I doubt that they're significant. HDTVtest has reviews for both 40" models if you wanted to make a deeper comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom