• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL40W5500U and vista media server video

jlearmonth

I have a Sony KDL40W5500U TV and I can get pictures and music to stream from my windows Vista media.
But with videos it always displays "There are no items to display".

At first I though I had the wrong format of videos.
After much effort and assistance from Avforums I manage to produce a video file that will play via the USB interface, it's mts format.

However these still won't play from Vista even though I know there are mts videos in the folder it's looking in when it says "There are no items to display".

Any ideas , blow up my Vista PC perhaps !

Regards
JL

jlearmonth

OK thanks I will look at that.
But I did notice the no no word "buy" at the top of the page.
Any other free ones that might do the job.
If I knew what format it wanted I guess it would stream.

Regards
JL

NX3

hehe yeah the best free alternative is PMS. I use this, it started out for PS3 only but now supports Sony, Samsung tvs and loads of devices. Make sure you download the latest beta from the forum. Mezzmo is very easy to setup and work, some people find PMS difficult but default settings are fine. You can fine tune everything in PMS but it works out of the box.

PS3 Media Server

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom