Sony KDL40W4710

starlir

Standard Member
This is available only at John Lewis as far as I can tell. The spec looks identical to the KDL40W4500, does anyone know if they are the same or are there some differences?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
its the same as W4500 but JL exclusive and some minor cosmetic differencies

starlir

Standard Member
Is this just a device to avoid price matching with the W4500? I've phoned John Lewis and even though this model is not listed on the Sony site they claim it is an official Sony Model and they will not price match against the 'different' W4500.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
its just an exlusive model.A pan european tactical move from sony in favour of the retailer.The tv's are technically identical tv's 100% confirmed

ertrtypomk

Standard Member
Sony have now stopped listing the KDL40W4710 and are only listing the KDL40W4500 at the same price.

Expect the price to come down as they will be forced to price match.

Will99

Standard Member
I was in JL Edinburgh today and the sales assistant said the only difference on the 4710 is the silver/chrome stripe on the screen surround (is that called the bezel ?) under the screen, whereas the 4500 is completely black. Otherwise they are identical.

By the way it was priced at £1099.00.

Tried to get a price match quoting a KDL40W4500, and they did seem to recognise the model, but wouldn't give me a price match as they were currently out of stock (Glasgow).
They are expecting new stock in the next couple of days so I'll try then.

Last edited:

huntaaar

I was in JL Edinburgh today and the sales assistant said the only difference on the 4710 is the silver/chrome stripe on the screen surround (is that called the bezel ?) under the screen, whereas the 4500 is completely black. Otherwise they are identical.

By the way it was priced at £1099.00.

Tried to get a price match quoting a KDL40W4500, and they did seem to recognise the model, but wouldn't give me a price match as they were currently out of stock (Glasgow).
They are expecting new stock in the next couple of days so I'll try then.

I just got a JL price match on the 40w4500 for 960 matched against dvd players, dvd recorders, televisions, digital camcorders and home cinema systems at the best prices in store price.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom