Sony KDL40w4000 Or Something Else

kamy100

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a budget of £750 and am on the verge of buying a W4000, however just wanted to know if that is the best for that kind of price or should I be looking at something else. The TV will be used for gaming (PS3 & 360) and also watching SkyHD.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

top tv for its money!

Budget sounds encouraging. How far do plan to you sit from your TV?

The TV will be in the front reception room, so i'll probably be sitting 5 or 6 feet from the TV.

Thanks for the replies thus far.

v4000 and w4000 they are using the same engine 2, no much different. w4000 has additional function just like digital frame, but cost 100 quids more. I would go for v4000.

the W4000 adds as well WCG-CCFL,10bit panel,xv colour

Go fir it, good choice for gaming and HD.

If i were you, i would get a 40V4000 instead and save some serious cash. Unlike 40W4000, V4000 has uniform panel and does not suffer from any clouding.

the chances are the same for both(and for any lcd)

Was going to start a similar thread until i noticed this.
Looking at both the 40V4000 and 40W4000 and was just looking for advice/thoughts on whether the 40W was worth the extra £150?. I'm not really into home cinema although will have sky HD and PS3/Xbox 360 on it.

Many thanks.

Simon

well,I d get the 40W4000.From the time you have the budget,get the best you can

well,I d get the 40W4000.From the time you have the budget,get the best you can

Why, what's the point? The only difference major difference the W adds is the 10bit panel with the wide colour gamut, which nothing even supports. Therefore it just results in over saturating the colors so you have to resort to putting the colour space back to 'standard'.

Plus, there's been virtually no reports of clouding on the V series, even HDTVtest commented on the great screen uniformity. Where as the W series is notorious for clouding.

there is no matter of better uniformity on the V4000,its just that the review sample was non-cloudy,its a matter of luck,and the chances are the same either for V4000 or W4000.As for the W4000 additions it also has some other additions like XMB,USB,picture frame

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom