• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY KDL40W4000 help

CBRpaul

Established Member
Hi all, :hiya:

Ive been browsing this site for many years now , and finally signed up :thumbsup: , there seems some very good people on here ,

Anyway , i was wondering if you could help , I am the proud owner of a Sony 40W4000 , I am enjoying it very much especially after having a 28" crt for 10+ years !!!

Basically when im watching a program and the scene is abit dark the lcd tv seems to try and compensate and brighten things up , but then it seems to change its mind and go dark again , at times resulting in abit of flashy type scene:thumbsdow this is mainly on satellite and dvd,s , ive looked in settings on the tv and there is no options for " auto brighten" or anything like that that :rolleyes:

The tv is 5 months old now

Any advice would be great ,

thx :smashin:

Paul

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
turn off adv. contrast enchancer

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom