Sony KDL40W2000 Output issues

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Leedswing2806, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Leedswing2806

Leedswing2806

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my AV2 output connected to my home theatre system. But in the menus I've only got the option of TV/AV1/AV6/Auto. I can only seem to get sound via the AV1 and AV6 options. My ps3's connected by by HDMI, my Xbox360 by component, and Sky+ by scart (AV1). Therefore sky's the only one I can seemingly get surround sound for, which is really frustrating.

Is there something in the settings that will output via AV2, regardless of the input? I really want the surround sound for all of my inputs. I've managed a small compromise by getting a digital optical cable for the PS3, but that means mucking about with the input selected for the home theatre and still leaves the 360 unconnected.

Why oh why is there no digital optical audio out on this TV? It's so close to perfection!

2. Pennington

Pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know whether this will help but having recently bought a 46W2000 I have my Arcam Amp connected via the two Hi Fi connectors far right of the two Scarts at the back of the TV so all TV audio is routed via my Amp. I don't use the built in speakers or amplifier.
    My DVD Recorder is connected via an HDMI cable.