• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL40W2000 and KEF speakers - advice/help wanted

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Have ordered the Sony KDL40W2000 TV and am currently looking to order my surround sound system.

One of the things I am looking at is where to locate the speakers. The one that is giving me the most difficulty is the centre speaker.

My TV stand is going to be pretty full (amp, Sky, DVD and consoles) so I am considering locating the centre speaker on the top shelf in front of the TV.

So questions are:

1) Using the table top stand what is the clearance between the base of the stand and the bottom of the screen?

2) Where is the IR receiver / power button on the TV? Hopefully not in the middle under the screen of this idea is goosed.

G

georgedingwall

Hi there,

1) Using the table top stand what is the clearance between the base of the stand and the bottom of the screen?

2) Where is the IR receiver / power button on the TV? Hopefully not in the middle under the screen of this idea is goosed.

Q1. The distance is about 6cm.

Q2a. The IR receiver is at the bottom of the screen, about 20cm from the right of the screen as you look at it.

Q2b. The power button is on the top of the casing, behind the screen, about 43 cm from the right of the screen as you look at it.

I only received mine this week, and I'm very pleased with it. I haven't though about adding a separate speaker system to it. For the moment I have the audio output going to my stereo system which has five speakers, and gives very good quality sound.

Good luck with yours.

Bye for now.

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Hi there,

Q2a. The IR receiver is at the bottom of the screen, about 20cm from the right of the screen as you look at it.

Q2b. The power button is on the top of the casing, behind the screen, about 43 cm from the right of the screen as you look at it.

I only received mine this week, and I'm very pleased with it. I haven't though about adding a separate speaker system to it. For the moment I have the audio output going to my stereo system which has five speakers, and gives very good quality sound.

Good luck with yours.

Bye for now.

Thanks.

6cm (60mm) - that idea is goosed then. Even the MCubes are 90mm...

Back to the drawing board....

Scapegoat

Prominent Member

Have got mine now - I think you need a new tape measure :rotfl: I make it 18cm.

Room for mCube, Kef 2005 and Kef 3005 centre speakers all would fit under and not overhang over the image.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom