• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL40V5810 Picture settings anyone?

cunny678

Distinguished Member
I dont feel that I am getting the best out of this set!

I have an Oppo BDP 93 and the picture just doesnt seem sharp on blu ray!
In many ways the HD channels on freesat seem sharper than those on blu ray. As there are so many picture settings, I wondered if anyone had the same set and could post some settings for me to try?

There are also about 8 screen presets and I am not sure which one is the best to use for Blu Ray!

Any suggestions welcome.

cunny678

Distinguished Member
After some experimentation, I have realised that the the main issue with this set is the sharpness! As I have a decent blu ray player, I had all the sharpness settings to minimum or off but this resulted in a rather disappointing picture.

To my eyes the best results on this set are if the sharpness is turned all the way up to maximum with sharpness off on the blu ray :eek:

The rest of the settings are as per the above post.

Last edited:

cunny678

Distinguished Member
ImageUploadedByAVForums1369170690.164520.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1369170704.161864.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1369170719.009573.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom