Sony KDL40V3000 questions

I'm having a problem. When I put it on AV2 I can see in the background it says "000 Digital No programs are stored". It says this faintly in the background; this comes up if I put it onto channel 0 but I don't know why it's showing up faintly on AV2. Also it doesn't come up on AV1 and I haven't recognized it with anything else. What's the problem?

No, none of the European versions currently do. They have worldwide video signal compatibility instead :)

No, none of the European versions currently do. They have worldwide video signal compatibility instead :)

so i guess you mean we can take the tv to any part of the world?
so now not having 10bit panel/processing it dont have internet connectivity aswell. the us seem to get everything.

I tried Spank-A-Thon's settings and they look quite similar to mine. But I prefer mine because the enhancements on Spank-A-Thon's cause motion blur. The main difference was the color - Spank-A-Thon's seemed to have richer, more vibrant looking color. Afer playing around I found that this was due to color space being set on wide rather than standard. I looked at both wide and standard for comparison. Wide looked bit better to me; in comparison to wide standard looked like it had a green tint to it. So is standard really better? Is that green tint normal and how it is supposed to look?

No consumer TV (that I know of) is easy to get how it's supposed to look without having it calibrated (which usually involves accessing the hidden service menu and using specially designed hardware to take readings from the panel). Basically - unless you want to spend extra cash to get it closer to how it's meant to look, go with one of the "Warm" settings as these are closeer.

I'm having a problem. When I put it on AV2 I can see in the background it says "000 Digital No programs are stored". It says this faintly in the background; this comes up if I put it onto channel 0 but I don't know why it's showing up faintly on AV2. Also it doesn't come up on AV1 and I haven't recognized it with anything else. What's the problem?
A SCART related problem. First of all, try changing the "AV2 Output" setting to something other than "TV". If that doesn't fix it, you'll need to buy a higher quality cable or easier still, open one end of the SCART plug and cut one of the pins (I forget which one it is, sorry - not much help!)

Is standard color space supposed to make greens and yellows look different? Like when I press Sky TV guide and compare the standard looks less vibrant and the yellows seem to have a bit more green to them. Also if you press TV guide and look at the bottom it says "planner" with a green box next to it; this green box looks weird in standard color space.

And if I'm using the TV for sound, what should I have the settings at? What should I set bass, treble and balance to? Should I keep auto volume and s-force surround sound on? I've tried the surround sound and I quite like it.

Colors seem to be bleeding a bit when color space is set to standard. I used THX Optimizer's monitor performance test and on the edges the colors seem to go over to the other side. When I switch to wide color space the colors look brighter (maybe too bright) but they don't bleed over edges.

I am a complete novice so please bear with me and explain things simply im no techno head. I have 3 questions;

1 - how to get surround sound to work using PS3.
2 - HDMI TV can't find any.
3 - Laptop, how to get sound to play on tv from laptop.

I have a Bravia KDL 40V3000 TV with 2 x scarts / 3 x HDMI / 1 x Optical Out.
I have a Home cinema surround system DAV DZ230 with 1 x scart / 1 x HDMI.
I have a PS3 with 1 x HDMI / 1 x AV Multi Out / 1 x Optical Out.

At the moment i have the PS3 connected to TV via HDMI (works fine but only get sound to play thru tv speakers)

The Home cinema surround system is connected to the TV via scart.(Tried just HDMI lead but couldn't get sound to work)I can get surround sound to work thru TV when playing DVD'S via home cinema system and when watching Sky or watching freeview, but can't get surround sound when using PS3.Please advise on correct connection, or am i not going to be able to do this with current set up?

Also when PS3 and home cinema system are connected to tv and on, if i go into menu on tv and search for HDMI devices connected it says cant find any, what am i doing wrong, please help this is starting to drive me nuts ?

Laptop is Acer 4920, connected to tv with vga lead, got picture but what do i need to do to get sound to pla, y on tv from laptop, and can someone advise best settings in pc mode, thanks for your patience.

1 - From a quick search on Google it shows your DVD system doesnt have any optical inputs so I am afraid there is no way to get surround sound out of your PS3 but you mention that you have Sky/Freeview working through the surround sound which is abit confusing, how are these connected to your DVD system? because if they are just coming out through the TV speakers then its not surround sound, its stereo.

2 - With the cables connected and devices turned on it should just be a simple matter of pressing the Input select option on your remote and browsing to the correct input (ie HDMI 2 for device connected to HDMI 2)

3 - To get sound from your laptop you will need a 3.5mm jack to phono cable, VGA cables dont carry audio.

Last edited:
Firstly Indianna Jones thanks for responding.

On my Home cinema surround system DAV DZ230 , if i select TV from the menu then i can listen to Terrestrial TV Channels, Built in Freeview Channels & SKY Channels through surround sound, i turn TV speakers down, and obviously if i play a DVD then i get surround sound.

Sky connected via scart to TV (AV 1)
Home cinema surround system DAV DZ230 connected via scart to TV (AV 2)

Will try HDMI find devices again using your suggestions.

So it looks like when using PS3 to play games and watch Blueray, i will only be able to get sound to play thru TV speakers, bit dissapointing !

Firstly Indianna Jones thanks for responding.

On my Home cinema surround system DAV DZ230 , if i select TV from the menu then i can listen to Terrestrial TV Channels, Built in Freeview Channels & SKY Channels through surround sound, i turn TV speakers down, and obviously if i play a DVD then i get surround sound.

Sky connected via scart to TV (AV 1)
Home cinema surround system DAV DZ230 connected via scart to TV (AV 2)

Will try HDMI find devices again using your suggestions.

So it looks like when using PS3 to play games and watch Blueray, i will only be able to get sound to play thru TV speakers, bit dissapointing !

I am still at a loss to how you are actually able to get audio from the Sky box to go through your DVD system as there is no direct connection, almost sounds like the TV is sending the AV1 signal down through the AV2 scart cable into the DVD player which if that is the case then surely there is a method to get it to do the same with HDMI1 so you can at least get stereo from the PS3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom