SONY KDL40S2530 info please

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by adrianhaslett, May 4, 2007.

1. adrianhaslett

adrianhaslett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought the above TV and would like to know a few things please.

It was in Currys witha big sticker over it saying something like "New Sony Bravia TV" Is this really a new model as I can't see it listed under the New 2007 Models and I'm sure i've heard of people that have bought it last year.

I purchased the Sony DVPNS76HS with it as I thought I would try and use the advantages of the better picture.

On my Xbox 360 using Component cables and my Virgin+ Box using HDMI cable the products give a choice of 1080 but I'm sure the TV is only capable of 720 so is it best to stick the setting on 720 or is there any advantages or disavantages of using the 1080 setting. When the Virgin+ box turns it up to 1080 the screen seems a bit worse in my opinion but i'm unsure if that is only down to cheap HDMI cables if that would make a difference.

OH if anyone was thinking i'm sure this man just bought a SAMSUNG PS42Q96HD you was right but I took it back and swopped it for the Sony as the Sony seems to have a better picture and I decided that I would prefer an LCD to a Plasma.