• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sony KDL40R350B blurry picture, jagged edges after loud noises.

euler2718

Novice Member
Hello! I had been playing Bloodborne (PS4) while my friend was playing my drums (both TV and drums are in the same room). Suddenly, as he hit the snare drum (he hits extremely hard), I saw white flashes localized on the left side of the screen. At first I thought it was a reflection of some sort, until I noticed these flashes were happening at the same rhythm as the snare drum. By this time, the flash went from a "full bodied" one, to only segments of flash. I turned the TV immediately.

When I turned it back on later, the picture was now blurry, milky almost, and the diagonal edges of text and graphics were now extremely jagged. This TV has nearly flawless quality for video games before this incident. What happened with the TV, and can it be fixed by simple home repair? Or will it require service from Sony?

It's also notable to add that I've played drums countless times since I bought the TV (Got it on sale from Best Buy in May) with no effect on the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom