• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL40P3020

Mantamark

Standard Member
Hi, looked at a few reviews, but can't really find much of use on this TV.

Looking for a new TV, and this one looks pretty good, will not be used for anything other than TV (normal Sky), DVD's & Wii.

At the moment it is in Tesco for £649, and £614 on multizoneav.com

And thats pretty much my budget shot.

Are there any others worth looking at around that price?

Many thanks.

Mark.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Its just the basic 40" model.Very good set but there are better sets.The Sony KDL-40D3500 model is at around £650 and is 1080p and much better set

Mantamark

Standard Member
Also, looking at this tv, the price is around £694, which is a bit more expensive than the other model, is it worth spending the extra?

i dont think i will be upgrading to HD sky or getting a ps3 / xbox 360 any time, so is this a good tv for "normal" viewing of sky, dvd's & the Wii?

Thanks for advice.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
yeah its worth the extra.look at ED I think runs a deal

Mantamark

Standard Member
Thanks.

So picture will be good with standard sky viewing?

Just heard that these super dooper hd tv's are great for the hd gear & ps3 stuff, but can be lacking in standard viewing quality?

Who is ED?

Thanks again for the advice.

This would be the best tv i could get for this price band for what i need?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Yeah SD will be fine and even very good depending on the channel and the signal.Dont expect it to look like CRT though.ED is empire direct,Also yes its the best tv for the money

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Also very good but there is no reason to get it as the sony also has 1080p,24p and better contrast

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom