• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL40EX403 - 5.1 sound on DivX/MP4 via USB?

patman

Standard Member
Hi there

I wondered if anyone could be kind enough to help.

I have a Sony EX403. It has an optical audio out which I have connected to my 5.1 sound system with no problems.

Does anyone know whether I will be able to watch DivX / MP4 files which have 5.1 soundtracks, in surround sound, via a USB stick plugged into the TV, outputting to the sound system? (I can do this in 2-channel stereo for stereo files with no problem).

I have tried an old divx test file I found online which didn't play.

If it seems that I can, I will try to figure out how to encode to DivX / MP4 in 5.1 sound!

Would be really grateful for any help with this.

cablebasher

Standard Member
Hiya Patman, ive just bought the ex403 and ive plugged an optical cable from the TV to the optcal in on my sony IS50 surround sound system but i just cant get it to output surround sound, it only seems to want to output in stereo,did you have to adjust any settings on your tv ?

Cheers

NX3

Prominent Member
it can send 5.1 out via optical, it won't do DTS. Settings in the menu somewhere to enable optical out.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom