Sony KDL40EX403 @ £580 OR Samsung UEC6620 @ £730???

tweedlover

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently decided to buy the Samsung UE40C6620 after viewing the lovely image at a showroom, and helped on the way by the 100 pound discount - these forums highlighted 1staudio were doing it for 630 with 5 year guarantee so went for it.

However, I didn't realise that this price was *exclusive of vat*! The actual price is £100 higher - £735.

This kind of annoyed me so I started looking around again.

I've found the Sony KDL40EX403 at soundandvision for 579 *including vat* with 5 year guarantee.

Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX403 (KDL40EX403) 40in FHD Freeview-HD LCD TV |On Sale,Low Price at Sound and Vision Electrical Shops

All the reviews are really positive, which makes me want to go for it. However, having seen one in action (at tesco) I wasn't very impressed - the colours seemed really blotchy and the underlying black was all washed out.

Which do you think is the better deal? (they are both wireless ready and dongles are similar prices) Was I just unlucky with the show TV I saw at Tesco?

BTW, I'm mostly a movie / computer use / gaming person.

Any help much appreciated!

Louis

I recently decided to buy the Samsung UE40C6620 after viewing the lovely image at a showroom, and helped on the way by the 100 pound discount - these forums highlighted 1staudio were doing it for 630 with 5 year guarantee so went for it.

However, I didn't realise that this price was *exclusive of vat*! The actual price is £100 higher - £735.

This kind of annoyed me so I started looking around again.

I've found the Sony KDL40EX403 at soundandvision for 579 *including vat* with 5 year guarantee.

Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX403 (KDL40EX403) 40in FHD Freeview-HD LCD TV |On Sale,Low Price at Sound and Vision Electrical Shops

All the reviews are really positive, which makes me want to go for it. However, having seen one in action (at tesco) I wasn't very impressed - the colours seemed really blotchy and the underlying black was all washed out.

Which do you think is the better deal? (they are both wireless ready and dongles are similar prices) Was I just unlucky with the show TV I saw at Tesco?

BTW, I'm mostly a movie / computer use / gaming person.

Any help much appreciated!

Louis

If blacks and unatural are something that annoy you buy a plasma.

Thanks - There is just something about the LCD / LED image quality I really like.

Also considering the LE40C650 which seems to be the dark black-lovers lcd of choice.

Samsung LE40C650/ LE40C652/ LE40C654/ LE40C630 Review

Similar price to the Samsung LED 6620 and a lower model number which somewhat put me off (!)

Do you think this would be a better choice?

Thanks - There is just something about the LCD / LED image quality I really like.

Also considering the LE40C650 which seems to be the dark black-lovers lcd of choice.

Samsung LE40C650/ LE40C652/ LE40C654/ LE40C630 Review

Similar price to the Samsung LED 6620 and a lower model number which somewhat put me off (!)

Do you think this would be a better choice?

Sony and Samsung are very simlar, they both around same black levels, maybe the one you saw had a faulty panel.

Bit late with this, but which did you go for?

I was between the same TVs in John Lewis yesterday and ended up going for the Sony for £499 which has the 5 year guarantee.

The image quality between the two looked identical to me, but the extra features the Sony had (DLNA, Internet connectivity etc) swung it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom