Sony - KDL40D3000U OR Sony - KDL40W2000

P

pipesfranco

I'm going to be looking at purchasing one of these but I'm not sure which one to go for.

I know the Sony - KDL40W2000 has 1080P where the other hasn't but the Sony - KDL40W2000 only has 2 HDMI connections but that doesn't bother me as I'm getting 1080P.

Can anyone advise which one has a better picture for SKY and Gaming?

Are the blacks better on the 3000U?

Also a friend was saying I should find an LCD which outputs DVD at 75HZ (I may have got confused with that as it went over my head!) I think he said the Sony - KDL40W2000 only outputs at 60hz causing judder?

Does the W2000 have motionflow and is this a deal clincher?

Anyway which is the better model?

cheers guys

asimm

I'm going to be looking at purchasing one of these but I'm not sure which one to go for.

I know the Sony - KDL40W2000 has 1080P where the other hasn't but the Sony - KDL40W2000 only has 2 HDMI connections but that doesn't bother me as I'm getting 1080P.

Can anyone advise which one has a better picture for SKY and Gaming?

Are the blacks better on the 3000U?

Also a friend was saying I should find an LCD which outputs DVD at 75HZ (I may have got confused with that as it went over my head!) I think he said the Sony - KDL40W2000 only outputs at 60hz causing judder?

Does the W2000 have motionflow and is this a deal clincher?

Anyway which is the better model?

cheers guys
Lots of new Sony models just announced - there are links in this LCD forum - W300 and X300/3500. This will of course mean that the w2000 and x2000 (all sizes of both sets) can be had at bargain prices until stock runs out - you can already get the x2000 for less than I paid for my w2000!! If I were buying now I would be looking at the w3000 but more likely the x3000. All the specs are on teh Sony UK website.

P

pipesfranco

Lots of new Sony models just announced - there are links in this LCD forum - W300 and X300/3500. This will of course mean that the w2000 and x2000 (all sizes of both sets) can be had at bargain prices until stock runs out - you can already get the x2000 for less than I paid for my w2000!! If I were buying now I would be looking at the w3000 but more likely the x3000. All the specs are on teh Sony UK website.
Problem is im looking at a budget of £1100

the new W3000 40" may be too expensive (unless you know a retailer that will be selling it at that budget)

thanks though

asimm

Problem is im looking at a budget of £1100

the new W3000 40" may be too expensive (unless you know a retailer that will be selling it at that budget)

thanks though
AAh - well get to a shop and compare the two side by side. Quite a few shops have them side by side - I have compared on two occassions and even with HD football. I could not tell a great deal of difference even with Motionflow on high - but this could be bad set up and many do report a big difference. Teh Sony Centres are ususally pretty good.

derthballs

Ive owned both, I prefer the 40D3000U. If you game, the component does 1080p, it has 3 HDMI sockets (although one annoyingly sits on the side of the set), the picture for sky is marginally better.

Apart from a smaller desktop area on HTPC (which i actually see as a benefit, since i had to resize desktop to fit on the 40W), there is nothing to recommend the W over the U, other than proper 1080p, which you cant see any difference on at the distance i watch from anyway (about 8 feet).

ChrisGgr

It will come in a month.The online price after 1 month will come to near 1100£

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom