Sony KDL37W5500 question/problem

debm

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have this set now for a couple of months and it is producing a nice picture and colours, normally I am straight in front of the screen, however when I move position (even less than 1 mtr to left or right) I notice that quality/intensity of colours is disappearing (image becomes more grey and overlighted you would say), I have been looking around for better Image settings but so far nothing helped. Somebody with same issue? Any know solution?
thanks

Hi Debm

Thats one of the traits of LCD displays im afraid, outside of the viewing angle colours/contrast will be affected.

So everybody owning an LCD has this problem ? For the moment I also have a plasma which is not at all having this kind of behaviour. Can the problem be "finetuned" a bit ?

Hi Debm

Thats one of the traits of LCD displays im afraid, outside of the viewing angle colours/contrast will be affected.

No, not all LCDs - only the cheapest LCD sets suffer from this and some of those are acceptable.

On my LCD (Samsung LE40A656) it's only slightly noticeable. I have seen some LCDs though where the picture greys out completely when viewing off-centre!

Well I would not have expected this from a Sony, afterall this is not the cheapest buy or mark ..... why is all of this not mentioned in reviews ? In most of the test it is considered one of the best....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom