Sony KDL32W4000U vs Samsung LE-32A656; or another 32" 1080p?

Waterhouse

Standard Member
Any thoughts on this? I'm pretty certain there isn't a bad choice from the two of these (although please let me know if there is!), so I'm at a bit of a loss as to which to get.

For the record, usage will involve being connected to a PC quite a lot (hence my leaning towards true 1080p), as well as occasional console and freeview usage.

I'd welcome any alternative suggestions - I've really only dived into the ocean of LCD TV information available today so suspect I may have missed a few bargainous gems.

Thanks in advance!

audiphile76

At this small screen size you DONT need a 1080p panel. Its a waste of money. I recommend a 32V4500 instead which has very good reports for HD, PC connectivity, video processing and blacks. Remember to read the hdtvtest review where it mentions about a small bug with sharpness.

Waterhouse

Standard Member
At this small screen size you DONT need a 1080p panel. Its a waste of money. I recommend a 32V4500 instead which has very good reports for HD, PC connectivity, video processing and blacks. Remember to read the hdtvtest review where it mentions about a small bug with sharpness.
Cheers for your reply - just want to clarify on the 1080p issue: the PC usage involves a lot of text based stuff (think Linux terminals - it's a myth based htpc) - presumably I can feed the screen at it's native resolution via the d-sub connection and this will be suitably crystal clear (this is potentially a bit of a newbie question - apologies, not too well versed with the technology in this area yet!)?

Otherwise, my wallet is very keen on your advice, thanks again!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom