• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL32V4000 - What Are The Correct Specs?

pixlrik

Several websites are giving contracting specifications for this TV, so could someone who has it tell me the correct ones?

Does it have 24P?
Is the contrast ratio 15,000:1 or 30,000:1?
Do both SCART inputs have RGB enabled?
Does it have 3 HDMI ports?

I have one being delivered on Tuesday bought purely on the great review it got on here and on some reviews websites. I hope I end up regretting the purchase because the specs are wrong.

warbzo

Standard Member
Several websites are giving contracting specifications for this TV, so could someone who has it tell me the correct ones?

Does it have 24P?

I have one being delivered on Tuesday bought purely on the great review it got on here and on some reviews websites. I hope I end up regretting the purchase because the specs are wrong.

No.
30000:1
Yes.
Yes.

P

peanuthead

Does it have 24P?

I think after reading several posts on here i will order this model, and like yourself did find conflicting specs on differing websites, INCLUDING SONY where they said it was 24p via icon at the bottom, but didnt say it was 24p on the spec sheet!
Apparently the same model in Australia has a different spec, so thats even more confusing lol

Be very grateful if you could post your delight or sadness once you have received and tested out your new telly, especially on the movies side of things, motion blur etc.. may put my mind at ease.

Thanks in advance, but i hope it is a great tv for you and you are happy with it :D

pixlrik

Thanks in advance, but i hope it is a great tv for you and you are happy with it :D

Thanks, so do I! I hope it's good enough to make you buy it too, as from what I have read it is a very good TV for the price (£365 with free delivery from Amazon). Well, mine won't be here until Tuesday or Wednesday according to Amazon but my living room is being redecorated so I may not actually have the TV up and running until Friday, (I bought a new black glass stand for it too which has to be assembled) and I'd actually prefer it that way anyway as it gives me the whole weekend off work to play with it and really test it! Hopefully should have something up for you on Sunday, maybe some pics of it too.

Bearing in mind I don't have any HD sources to use this TV on yet as I will probably be getting a BluRay player closer to Christmas or Sky+ HD in the New Year. But I can certainly let you know how several SD sources look on it.

Last edited:
P

peanuthead

Bearing in mind I don't have any HD sources to use this TV on yet as I will probably be getting a BluRay player closer to Christmas or Sky+ HD in the New Year. But I can certainly let you know how several SD sources look on it.[/quote]
That would be great Paddy, like yourself i dont have any HD sources as yet, apart from a few downloaded 720p tv episodes lol, so would be cool even to hear feedback from you re image on sd and indeed from your dvd player.
Have fun setting it all up, that has to be the best part.. and look forward to your verdict.

PH

pixlrik

TV was dispatched yesterday from Amazon and arrived at 12:30pm today by TAXI (I kid you not!). Back in work now but the temptation to pull a sickie tomorrow and spend all day playing wth it is highly tempting, but I won't do it. (Haven't had a sick day in 3 years... I might be due one though!)

Still sitting in the front room in the box, I have a new black glass stand to erect first before this bad boy gets out of the box. The room is being re-decorated on Saturday, so I may possibly wait until then to set everything up, not much point in getting it all done then taking it apart again for decorations or the risk of paint getting on it or the new stand if I just cover it up.... Will report back soon on what happens with the set-up and calibrations etc and how good the picture is etc.

pixlrik

OK, so I did the decorating early so I could have the joy of putting this set together with it's new black glass stand. Looks gorgeous and impressions since turning it on 2 hours ago are really good. SD looks very nice on analogue and Sky SD. I still have to get the settings right though, the sound doesn't quite have the same punch as it used to, despite trying all the different sound options, I think I will have to mix and match with the options, same goes for the picture settings. But all in all, I'm very pleased with it, a great purchase, greeat price, great pictures! :):):):)

Anyone have suggestions for picture and sound settings? The ones I have will do for now, but I want it to look better! Also, a Sky remote code for the KDL32V4000 would be very handy!

Last edited:

pixlrik

Just to say that I found the Sky remote code that works for this TV - it's 533.

Anyone have any suggestions for picture and sound settings? Picture seems OK most of the time but sound can appear very echo-ey and a bit tinney no matter what I try. The volume level seems to fluctuate as well and thats when I have AVL set to off and even when it's on.

P

peanuthead

OK, so I did the decorating early so I could have the joy of putting this set together with it's new black glass stand. Looks gorgeous and impressions since turning it on 2 hours ago are really good. SD looks very nice on analogue and Sky SD. I still have to get the settings right though, the sound doesn't quite have the same punch as it used to, despite trying all the different sound options, I think I will have to mix and match with the options, same goes for the picture settings. But all in all, I'm very pleased with it, a great purchase, greeat price, great pictures! :):):):)

Anyone have suggestions for picture and sound settings? The ones I have will do for now, but I want it to look better! Also, a Sky remote code for the KDL32V4000 would be very handy!

Hey Paddy

So glad you are happy with it.. i know the sound is not really going to be great on any of these lcds hence why i opted for this model over a more expensive one so i could afford a 5.1 as well. Mine arrived today, so i had a little demo with it, like you couldnt wait to set it up lol.. and its wiked.. totally exactly want i wanted for my lil 1 bedroom apartment lounge.
Its the DAVZ560 and for 200 quid an absolute bargain. I am glad i decided to go down the route of buying from uk and shipping to spain, what with the tv AND 5.1 overall i am saving over €300!!!
Plus over here, they dont have the latest models.. the latest Sammy e.g in my local store is Series 4 !!

Well, once i get my LCD, and its all hooked up, i will make a post.

Tra for now!

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Glad I read this thread, just found this set on digital direct for £358 and thought it was just what I was looking for - a bit disappointed they're telling porkies over the 24p no though.

Thanks for the warning.:(

Olivercc

well ive had this tele since october 5th:clap: and i have to say it is great if you have the incredibles on dvd use that as a sound and visual guide to set it up correctly when you have this done correctly you will get no motion blur in movies. (when i set it up on my bday harry potter was on and i noticed quite a bit of blur but yes when you set it up it goes)

Also some ps3 games like mgs4 still motion blur only when in close aim though. if you need any help email me or if you want my settings i can do that. and yes the tv is 24p. Also i watched a few upscaled dvds they look fantastic have no blu rays as i sold my only one so soz about that

pixlrik

Could you post your settings here for myself and others to see Oliver, it would certainly give us a hand in setting it up correctly. Also, what way is the sound, what settings have you got for it?

Also, how do you know that it is 24p? Thanks.

g_dude

Standard Member
Hi i'm thinking of buying this TV aswell, if anyone could give reviews of it or suggest where i could buy it along with a wall mount for it for a good price i would appreciate that very much. Im not sure whether to buy this set or the LG3000, they are fairly similar so if anyone could advise on the pro's and con's of these sets id appreciate it greatly.

pixlrik

Well I got mine for £369 from Amazon and paid the extra £5 for business delivery, they sent it on Monday morning and I had it on Tuesday lunchtime. I think Amazon also do deals if you buy it with the wall mount, check their site and see.

P

peanuthead

4:43am? Were you up all night playing with the TV?!
haha no i havent got it yet, but my 5.1 arrived so was playing with that.. wiked!!!!
Would be good to see Olivers settings as well, especially as it seemed to have eliminated any motion blur, as thats what i am totally paranoid about lol

PH

P

peanuthead

Try the settings in the other thread I started - http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/844539-sony-kdl32v4000-help-settings.html

The settings in it are being used by me now and it makes everything look really good, even SD close up so people sitting close to the TV aren't getting blocky pictures.
Hey,

Thanks for that Paddy, have bookmarked it for when it arrives.. just checked my tracking and its on its way.. woop woop,
If you are ever planning a trip to the Costa Del Sol in southern Spain, lemme know i will look after you lol

Cheers

PH

pixlrik

If I could afford a holiday, I'd be on one by now! :rotfl: (Don't mention the fact that I just bought a new TV and stand, please!) :D

I

italiastar

Hi,

I've managed to order get a reservation of these for £329 with a 5 year guarantee - excellent price. I'm still concerned wit the picture quality of freeview - I still haven't seen any LCD to compare with my panasonic PL1 CRT television. Am I just being too fussy or is it the quality of the signal. I have the option of using mine on Virgin Cable or Freesat - both SD. I agree that HD is stunning but cannot afford that. Also what are DVDs and games like though this television. I will check the recommended settings too - many thanks.

This is for my son's room as he hasn't got the space for a CRT television and whilst I'd like a 20" LCD, it costs the same as this one.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom