• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL32V4000 or Samsung LE32A456C?

geoff91

Standard Member
If you're reading this, good on ya.

This is my first thread, and I'm hoping I can get some valuable advice.

I'm looking for a 32" TV for my fairly big room, to be used mainly with a PS3 via HDMI and built-in freeview. After quite a lot of looking about, I was on the verge of ordering the Samsung LE32A456C from Dixons for £365ish, but then when having a quick look at some other TVs on the Dixons site I saw the Sony KDL32V4000 for £375ish, which looks like an incredible bargain.

The only difference I can really see apart from brand-specific features is the Sony's dynamic contrast of 30 000:1 compared to the Samsung's 10 000:1. I was just wondering if anybody could give me some advice about the two TVs in relation to my intended uses.

I know how good Bravias are, especially in terms of colour, as we have a KDL40W2000 in the living room. I've never really had much to do with a Samsung, but having looked at it in store it looked perfectly good.

I'm not really looking to spend much more that about £400 and I'm not too fussed about 1080p as it's only for my room and 1080p is barely noticeable on a 32" (from what I've heard).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
between the two overally the sony wins

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom