sony kdl32v4000 or panny tx32lxd70?

redvx220

Standard Member
I'm looking for a second tv and both of these seem to fit the bill, and are both under £400 at some outlets. It will only be used for viewing freeview so SD picture quality is a must, as it wont have any other sources. Any help or advice on choosing between these two (or any other 32" lcd) would be appreciated.

:thumbsup:

ChrisGgr

I'm looking for a second tv and both of these seem to fit the bill, and are both under £400 at some outlets. It will only be used for viewing freeview so SD picture quality is a must, as it wont have any other sources. Any help or advice on choosing between these two (or any other 32" lcd) would be appreciated.

:thumbsup:
I d get the 32V4000 from richer sounds for £369 the 32LXD70 is now old

too_funky

Yeah i would go for the kdl32v4000.
It seems very well priced and i also have the older model kdl32v2000 which is a fantastic tv.
So as this is a newer upgraded model i can only presume it will be an improvement on an already very good tv.

redvx220

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find much info on the sony set, but the panasonic got good reviews last year but is obviously over one year old whereas the sony is brand new.

My local Argos is selling the panasonic for £349 which looks like a good buy, but is the sony £20 better though?

bsuttie

Novice Member
I bought the 32V4000 a few weeks ago for £ 429 and thought it was worth that! It's a great set, much better than the two year old LCD we have in the other room.

Really solid blacks, no motion blur. Only thing you could niggle about would be slight banding and loss of contrast when viewing from the side, but then I've not seen an LCD that doesn't apply to.

But all in all an excellent set, the closest I've seen to a CRT.

regards

Brian

ChrisGgr

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find much info on the sony set, but the panasonic got good reviews last year but is obviously over one year old whereas the sony is brand new.

My local Argos is selling the panasonic for £349 which looks like a good buy, but is the sony £20 better though?
yes definitely

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom