Sony KDL32V2500U or Sony KDL32S2530

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by blackhammer, May 2, 2007.

1. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Guys,

A very quick question if I may..

What with the sudden drop in Sony 32" LCD's, which of the above 2 models should I go for? £549 v £715. Is the price difference really going to be that much better for the V series..?:smashin:

2. azzy129

azzy129

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I bought The 40V2500 just last week and I'm Loving it!! :thumbsup:

Go for the V series (can't go wrong) read the review on Home cinema choice plus that's for the previous 40V2000 (with only 1 HDMI). If your space and budget can stretch to the 40 Incher I would recommend that. So many picture enhancing features on V series to exactly tweak PQ the way you like it. Sound is pretty amazing too. around £939 if you look around. :)

3. Yellowduck

Yellowduck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have spent a while looking at various 32'' including both types of Sony, S & V.
    Now I am some one who wants the TV just to watch TV on. I am not technical minded, and unlike many on here dont want to spend hours 'tweaking' the colours!

I have seen both Sony sets side by side, with both a SD and HD feed, and neither my wife, myself, or the sales adviser could tell the sets apart.

Now I am not saying the V is not superior, but I cannot see the point in paying an extra £150 for things that either I do not know how to use, or if I did, would never use them anyway. If I did want to pay an extra £125, I would probably go down the Panasonic route as HDTV reviews clearly find they are the better set....

I am sure there will be many who will disagree!!

4. rondha

rondha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40

I agree absolutely.

I have V series, but after internet and stores survey and debates the conclusion is S series has no difference to V series.

If I may suggest, go for Samsung R86/87/88, you'll get better value for money, or the new release S86.

_

5. azzy129

azzy129

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The V series is more cosmetically pleasing to the eye. You need to get a TV which looks just as good powered off as it does when it's on. To be honest with it setup in my lounge and on my matching black stand it looks more like a £1800+ set. This was one of my determining factors in going for the 40V2500. The S series is plain and bland looking. Ok I guess if you're not that fussy and just want a good LCD set. Even if you don't understand or use all the gizmo's it's better to go for something with all features on board so when you do experiment you've got everything on tap. :cool:

6. blackhammer

blackhammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am too confused!!!

I am so tempted with the bargain price of the 32S2530 but when looking at the S and V series side by side the V is much better looking and these LCD's are so much of a fashion statement when in standy.

So if I go down the V series route I am looking at £710 then we are in the realms of the new 100hz LCD's but I do think the new Panny is a little cheap looking.

Reckon the price of all V will drop once the new Sony's are out in June time? I'm in no rush to buy just yet.

7. rondha

rondha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Tbh I have defended V series and I lost,
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4620079#post4620079

and after that posting I jumped to my friends houses that had S series and yes the wide colour gamut were on the S series boxes the same as V series and the menu control functions are the same, and when I compared the picture quality, all the same. I lost my trust, I could not believe that Sony tells a lie saying that they V and S are different.
    Even if it's cosmetically difference should not make different prices. And even cosmetically S series does look better
    (but after looking at my friends Sammy, IMHO Samsung with glossy black and streamline shape is much better and stylish than both).

Tbh I am not comfortable with the Halo problems
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4687362#post4687362

And with many new Taiwan made LCD with decent picture quality coming up, I tried to search what people said that Sony Bravia is made in Taiwan
    http://www.smarthouse.com.au/TVs_And_Large_Display/Industry/N4T4L3D7?page=1
    http://investintaiwan.nat.gov.tw/en/news/newsletters/0059.html
    http://investintaiwan.nat.gov.tw/en/news/newsletters/0067.html

But then again it is up to you, I appreciate :)

_

8. Yannis

Yannis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    I had seen a 32V2500 and a 32S2530 in a store next to each other. Despite the fact that 32S2530 doesn't have Live Color creation (the 40S2530 has) , i took the remote control and adjusted the picture settings so it was virtually identical on both sets.

Bottom line is V series doesn't have anything more than the V series to justify the price difference. At least nothing i could see with my eyes.

9. azzy129

azzy129

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Prior to my purchase I looked at both the S and V series in ALL the major retail shops like John Lewis, Currys & Comet and what I noticed was that none of them were set up to their optimum settings. The only significant difference was a HD demo. After receiving delivery of my new 40V2500 and having had 2 days to get used to it I can honestly say that the PQ is far better than what I'd seen in the shops and what I was expecting from a SD transmission coming from my Virgin Media Digi box. I've got Spiderman on now (Five US) and it's pretty awesome. :smashin: