• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL32S2010U & Panasonic DMREH50 connection problem

Stuart P

ok i've just connected up my new KDL32S2010U to my panasonic dvd recorder (sony av2 <-----> panasonic av1)

the panasonic has 1 rgb input (av2) & so my ntl digital box is connected to that to enable best quality recording

whenever i switch on the panasonic, initially, the picture on the sony shows loads of wavy-interference-type lines. this is visable until the panasonic has fully switched on (about 3-4 secs) when the picture is then perfect. the same happens when i switch the panasonic off. in other words it is not a 'clean' switch over & there is something wrong in the way i have connected it all.

when i switch on the dvd player (connected to the sony av1) it is a perfectly clean switch over

whereas, if the dvd recorder is switched off & i switch it on by pressing the 'function' button (goes straight into the recorders settings), the problem does not happen. it seems that the problem happens when 2 signals interfer with each other

i've attached a few pictures of the screen taken at the moment i switch the panasonic dvd recorder on (pictures is perfect after 3-4 secs)

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Pic 4.jpg
    Pic 4.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 32

dreamfly

Standard Member
That's exactly how my PS2 looks when I first turn it on using RGB cable [AV1]. It doesn't happen every time but most of the time it looks like that for the first few seconds.. No problem when using an S-VIDEO cable. I also have KDL-32S2010.

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this? It seems like the signal is out of sync for the first few seconds... :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom