• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL26U2000U - Any One Seen One?

J

JordiWow

I've seen one and picture quality it's not as good as the S series. Similar characteristics as the KDL26S2000 but it has the old lcd pannel, not the new S-PVA one of the 26S2000. It has worse response time, less contrast, ... :thumbsdow

:lesson: Go for the KDL26S2000!

stu.artd

The S series 26" model doesn't have the SPVA panel, it's present in the 32" and above.

When I got my 26S2010 I thought it did have the new SPVA panel but later found that it didn't after getting more info from other forum members.

The U series has a PiP function lacking on the S and V series models. Spec wise they look very similar.

Jones

stu.artd said:
The U series has a PiP function lacking on the S and V series models. Spec wise they look very similar.

Thanks, hadn't noticed that. Still seems odd, available from a retailer yet Sony don't have it on their site (sony.co.uk). Only plan to use DVD (upscaled over HDMI) and X360, so only really concerned about the picture quality.

J

JordiWow

stu.artd said:
The S series 26" model doesn't have the SPVA panel, it's present in the 32" and above.

My mistake... I've seen 32" & 40" and thought 26" had the same specs. :smashin:

NX3

JordiWow, where did you see one ? On Sony style and S and U series have a £100'ish price difference. Shop around elsewhere though and no difference. It would be good to find out where the U series sits compared to the S and V.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom