SONY KDL-Z4500 Analog Tuning

Ai0n

Novice Member
I have this TV for about 2-3 years, and I've never had to watch any channel on Analog mode. Anyhow, the time has come, but I have problems with it.

I'm plugging in the cable (it's cable TV) and I'm using the AUTO TUNING. It can only find 7 out of the 40 channels, and without sound. I searched in settings and I found that if I turn from each channel's settings the Audio Filter from OFF to Low or High the sound turns on fine (but imagine if I had to do this on 40 channels manually each one).

Anyway, I called the provider and they said that it's not their fault. To find out more, I tried it on an other LCD and "sadly" it works fine. The second TV can find all the 40 channels with sound automatically.

What's the problem with the KDL-Z4500? Am I missing something?

Ai0n

Novice Member
I... I'm not sure what that is, but I think not, as far as I know.

They came with their gear, just a couple of cables. I don't think it's something wrong with the cable or something missed by the provider, because on the smaller and "weaker" TV works just fine.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Do you have a roof or loft aerial?
Do you have a Cable box?
Which Cable provider are you with?

Ai0n

Novice Member
Loft aerial.
Nop.
CableNet.

They connect a cable from the electric column to my house, and from there to my TV.

Ai0n

Novice Member
Nothing. It's not a hard thing to tune a TV. It's something simple, even automatic, and my TV for a reason doesn't doing it right.

mike7

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing you are not in the UK. Analogue cable is extinct here and in any case it used to come through a cable box. Pretty much all UK TV is digital and the main/only cable provider is Virgin Media. I would expect you might find more information from a Forum in you own Country...is it USA or Canada?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing you are not in the UK. Analogue cable is extinct here and in any case it used to come through a cable box. Pretty much all UK TV is digital and the main/only cable provider is Virgin Media. I would expect you might find more information from a Forum in you own Country...is it USA or Canada?

His "About me" under his profile states UK.
OP are you sure the Digital switchover hasn't occurred in your area and what your smaller TV tuned was the Freeview digital channels?

mike7

Distinguished Member
CableNet.

They connect a cable from the electric column to my house, and from there to my TV.

The only CABLENET I can find is in Cyprus. The OP is probably from UK but lives abroad.

Last edited:

Ai0n

Novice Member
JayCee yes I'm sure.

mike7 you're right, but I'm not in any Cypriot community to ask. Oh well... I'll play with the settings one more time and if I don't find anything I'll just wait for the Digital/HD channels of the same provider (the free decoder that they provide it's currently out of stock).

Thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom