• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL & XBOX & Externa Speakers

Qrious

Standard Member
Hello All,

This is my first posting here but 'am an avid reader and comment-er....
Apologies, if you feel this did not require a new thread or the answer is
already given somewhere....

So here's my problem...

TV - Sony KDL-W5810
Game Console - XBOX 360 Arcade (connected to TV using HDMI )
External Speaker - Sony DAV DZ100

Problem....Sound from XBOX not channelling thru to the external speaker

Connections:-
XBOX - connected to TVusing HDMI, and sound comes thru to TV speakers.
Sony DAV DZ100 - connected to TV using SCART(only available option :()

The sound from xbox plays on TV speakers but not to the external speakers
The sound from Sony DAV-DZ100 in DVD mode comes thru to the external speakers.

Now why o' why is the sound from xbox not coming thru to the external speakers...., Selecting 'Options->Speaker->Audio System' has no effect.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
MM

next010

Distinguished Member
From what I can see the Sony DAV DZ100 is an integrated DVD player and sound system with only 1 output which is scart.

That would explain why your getting no audio, the TV when set to audio system ouputs audio signals to the analogue phono (red/white) or digital (optical) outputs on the back of the TV.

You connect either of these outputs to your sound system which is how it gets the sound from the TV. Your sound system has no such inputs only 1 output which is scart.

Qrious

Standard Member
From what I can see the Sony DAV DZ100 is an integrated DVD player and sound system with only 1 output which is scart.

That would explain why your getting no audio, the TV when set to audio system ouputs audio signals to the analogue phono (red/white) or digital (optical) outputs on the back of the TV.

You connect either of these outputs to your sound system which is how it gets the sound from the TV. Your sound system has no such inputs only 1 output which is scart.

Thanks for the explaination Next010...but the same setup was working with my old Toshiba(CRT) although the connection to my XBOX was not HDMI...
I am trying to understand why will it not pick up the sound from HDMI....when the same setup was working before without the HDMI ofcourse...:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom