• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY KDL-50W809C LED & PS4 3d Playback Issues

TheRookieGB

Novice Member
Hi All

Ref:

1. PS4 (first edition) OS 3.10
2. HDMI 4K 3D Gold cable
3. SONY KDL-50W809C LED Bravia TV 2 months old
4. Samsung 3D Glasses (from Currys) Active 3D work fine on this TV

ERROR:

When watching a 3D bluray movie after around 20 mins the TV displays in the bottom left corner:

SCREEN FORMAT: FULL

This pops up with no other TV menu items for around 3 seconds then disapears. It then can randomly pop up every 2-20 mins.

This really s annoying. The 3D settings on the TV can't be changed that much once it goes into 3D mode. The Screen format is set at FULL. Something is sending info to the TV to set it up in FULL mode on a random basis.

I have checked the PS4 menus, turned Screen setting from Auto to 1080p, setup 3D size as 50inch and turned off extra Colour Depth. Non of these matter. The only way to stop it was to turn off the PS4 and reload the movie.

Of course you would thing that a PS4 and a Sony Bravia 2015 TV would work flaulessy but this appears not. Anyone else getting this error?

Around a month ago I played 2 x 3D films fine with no errors, it appears that this has started since PS4 firmware update 3.10 and a TV firmware upgrade last week.

(Lastly you can't change the Screen format from FULL as when the TV goes into 3D mode this is not available.)

May I stress this only occurs during 3D movies and not 2D playback.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

TheRookieUK

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom