Sony KDL-46X2000 v 46Z5500

M

Miller

I just had a new Kitchen extension built and we want to put a flat screen tv on the kitchen wall.

My dilemma at the moment, is I seem to have more money than sense and was thinking of putting my 46X2000 in the kitchen and buying a new KDL 46Z5500.

Apart from the appearance difference between the two, will I get any more viewing pleasure out of the Z5500 (for SKY HD & Blu-ray), or should I save my money and just buy a cheaper/smaller lcd for the kitchen (FreeSat HD and HTPC) where intend to just it for use for web viewing, music, general tv viewing etc.

I've just picked on the Z5500 for the moment, with out going into great research for simmilar tv's at the moment.

Hi,
I think the X2000 has the original Bravia processing while the Z5500 is the current Bravia 3 version but other than that I don't know if there is really that much difference.

The main feature of the Z5500 is the 200Hz - if you have 100Hz on your set and are happy with it then this might only give a marginal improvement. Personally I find that 100Hz and 200Hz sets look quite similar, though the 200 might be a little smoother.

Hope this is of some help,
Simon

well the only common is that X2000 and Z5500 both are class leading tv's.With the difference that a 2006 tv simply cannot compete with a 2009 one.the Z5500 is simply miles better

My 46X is only 50hz, not sure if I would notice the difference unless it was next to a 200hz one with the same source. I suppose the hdmi 3 and true movie 24p thing would be noticeable.

I suppose I'm trying to convince myself that paying another £900 or so more on a 46Z5500 or similar, would be a better than paying £600 for a 40" something to go in the kitchen and keep my 46X in the living room :confused:

yes you ll notice difference between 50 and 200Hz.The most important thing however is that the panel is so newer,the black level will be leaps forward!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom