• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

*** Sony KDL-46W5810 Response times?

brave01heart

Hi

I have the KDL 46W5810 TV and I would like to compare my response times (which seem slow compared to other Bravia models that I own) with other users of this Sony model.

Turning on from 'cold start' - from pressing the ON button: 12 seconds until picture shows.

Turning on from 'stand-by' - 5 - 7 seconds until picture appears.

Changing channels - 2 to 3 seconds depending on new selected channel - and the display turns 'black' before the new channel appears.

Also when you select the TV Guide - 2 seconds - the display turns 'black' first then picture appears - and same again when you revert to the picture being watched.

Update: Just noticed that there is a new firmware update dated 22nd January - v1.6X0SA. Has anyone applied this update and if so, is there a list of what the update fixes?

Regards

gibbsy

Hi

I have the KDL 46W5810 TV and I would like to compare my response times (which seem slow compared to other Bravia models that I own) with other users of this Sony model.

Turning on from 'cold start' - from pressing the ON button: 12 seconds until picture shows.

Turning on from 'stand-by' - 5 - 7 seconds until picture appears.

Changing channels - 2 to 3 seconds depending on new selected channel - and the display turns 'black' before the new channel appears.

Also when you select the TV Guide - 2 seconds - the display turns 'black' first then picture appears - and same again when you revert to the picture being watched.

Update: Just noticed that there is a new firmware update dated 22nd January - v1.6X0SA. Has anyone applied this update and if so, is there a list of what the update fixes?

Regards

The start up time is an energy saver. Go to the menus and you can select a quick start up, whether this affects the time delay on changing channels I know not. The software updates go in automatically and I've had a least three since I got the 40'' in November.

Sit back and relax, it's a brilliant TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom