Sony KDL 46W2000 v Sharp LC46XDIE

ianhpl

Standard Member
I am undecided which of these to buy from Costco Leeds. Sony is £1703 and Sharp is £1398 (both include 3 yr guarantee).

I'll happily extra for the Sony (which is my preferred make) but I did like the look of the Sharp.

I will be taking the plunge in a week or so - any comments from anyone with experience of either (or preferably both) would be much appreciated.

All i'm bothered about is picture & sound quality using sky (but not hd yet - that will be next month), will not be used for gaming.

Many thanks

BigAdd

Standard Member
I had exactly the same decision that I eventually made a couple of weeks ago. I finally decided to go for the Sharp as it was £300 - £400 cheaper... and the reviews we're good for both sets, but having looked at them both for sometime I couldn't justify the extra expense .... I guess it's a case of justification on your part.
The Sharp is known for squealing .. although my set has a very low audible tone that can't be heard unless you get close to it. Picture quality is great, although I did mess around quite a lot with the user settings ... those can be found in the forums for both the Sony and the Sharp.

I would have gone for the Sony as that was my preferred choice .. but I'm more than happy with the Sharp .. 46" screens are worth the extra
:thumbsup:

kar1181

One has banding (sharp), the other has clouding (sony). Pick your poison really. In general terms though they are both pretty good panels and price is the only real way to differentiate. If the sharp is much cheaper I'd go with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom