• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL-42W653 Question

Jestahr

Novice Member
Hi guys,

I purchased this TV after reading reviews as my main intention is gaming with it. I was attracted by the 200hz as I use a 120hz on my PC and it helps greatly with the smoothness of motion. I absolutely hate any stuttering/jerkyness in motion, particularly in horizontal camera pans / side scrolling / vertical scrolling.

So then I came across some threads online saying the 200hz is false advertising and it's actually a 50hz panel. Naturally I'm pretty concerned now.

The TV should arrive this week, but I'm wondering if I should just refuse it at the door and get my money back.

Can anyone with the TV let me know how it handles horizontal camera panning? As I say my main concern is how smooth scrolling images are so anyone who has some first hand experience please give me an idea.

Kind regards

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom